As long as you are driving on a voluntary basis for a not-for-profit organisation such as a charity, community group or school*, have a current MIDAS certificate, hold the appropriate driving licence for the weight of vehicle, have completed our short vehicle familiarisation course and are not receiving any additional pay: you could also drive our minibuses as a volunteer.

We are able to consider other request for transport so please call us to discuss your requirements.

If you have any queries which are not answered here or you’d like to talk with us to ask questions, please call us on 01772 204667 option 3.

*Whilst the law states that a school employee may be trained as a volunteer driver as long as driving is not part of their terms and conditions of employment and they are free to say no: If your school is controlled by Lancashire County Council, they additionally advise that LCC staff may only be considered as a volunteer in this case if they have also have a D1 entitlement on their licence, regardless of vehicle weight.

How You Can Help

You can support us in a number of ways: donate funds, donate time or donate skills.

Find out more

Contact Us

Contact Dave for Dial-A-Ride, Group Transport, Volunteering, MIDAS training and general enquiries. Contact Julie for Community Cars, trips or volunteering and general enquiries. Contact the manager for other enquiry not covered above.

Find out more